Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Good Morning

In the research I've conducted (that would be Google searches, let's get real) I've picked up a valuable lesson of saying Good Morning, Good Afternoon or Good Evening to every St. Thomasian. They prefer it over hi or hello. Easy enough.

An older kitchen worker sat down next to me at lunch today.

"Good morning," I cheerfully said to her.

Without looking up from her rice and beans, she spat out "you know you already said that, right!?"

No, actually I didn't. But you can't have someone sit next to you while you're both eating at your place of work and just not say anything. Maybe I am southern.

"We can say it twice, can't we?" I asked.

She went back to eating. I went back to listening to my Peruvian roommates speak Spanish.

Good morning, Bitch.

At least this is where I had lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment