Wednesday, December 14, 2011

How Do I Get Myself In These Situations?

Sitting next to someone on plane is always awkward for me. Social circumstances require you say hello or good morning but that's all that is required. Nothing more. Why is it that everytime i fly, with my headphones in, my book open, my distinct "don't talk to me" scowl is placed on my face, that people love to chat me up?

Francisco was a lovely man, besides his nostril hair protruding out of his nose, he lived in St. Thomas for 25 years and had good tips about where to go and what to see. But i shouldn't have asked home about where to get good food. Because this happened.

Nose hairs:" have you got any friends or family on the island?"

Me:"no."

Nose Hairs: "then we should get dinner together!"

Me: "oh, how kind of you but i ha e orientation tonight."

A lie, i wanted to sleep.

And then he stopped talking. So i took pictures. Enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment